Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Natalie Sadler, Sacramento, CA (fibromyalgia)

1) How I was when I first started Bowen…….
Daily pain, a lot of time in bed, low energy. I stopped teaching at home because I couldn't keep up with my two kids. Did not get to do things I enjoyed. I thought I was managing because I was used to my routine of doing things, rest, etc…..that wasn't working. I was used to quitting “life” to lay down and deal with the pain. 17 days out of the month, I was dealing with PMS and my period.

2) How the sessions were………..
Seeing Mike was very comfortable. I looked forward to my appointments. Honestly, with Bowen treatments, you barely “feel” anything, you just let it work. At the beginning, I KNEW it was having an effect. After only 2 or 3 treatments, I didn't even realize that I was feeling better, but I was riding my bike with the kids, feeling more in control, WAY less pain. I reduced my pain medication by A LOT.

3) How I felt when finished………
I was sad to be finished with treatment, but I was excited to take care of myself on my own….live the right way, manage my lifestyle better,….in order to maintain the benefits I felt from Bowen. I was down to 1/4 of a pain pill mostly to avoid the withdrawing effects after being on them for so long.

I still get pain, BUT…….I look at what I was doing and know it was because I made bad decisions and pushed my body. With Fibromyalgia, I've learned you can be in control if you take control and stop forcing your body to do everything you THINK you can do or must do. There are only a very few things you MUST do each day. The main thing is take care of yourself.

Oh, and regarding PMS and my cycle……my 10 day PMS lessened to a couple days before I began and my 7 day (heavy) cycle, is now only 3 days.
4) What I’m doing to maintain………
I know I have to not just limit myself, because to me, that means pushing myself just close enough to wearing myself out. Now I know I have to do things simpler, plan things simpler. Do only a little at a time – not everything all at once. I still go too far at times, however, I know better now, and I don’t often make that mistake.
I've really appreciated being able to experience the benefits of Bowen therapy. It has helped my tremendously, taught me so much, and enabled me to be a better mom, wife, friend.

Thanks Mike and Kathy! It was a HUGE effort to give as much help as you did. I am so glad I was a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment