Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Chris Durkee, Sacramento (osteoarthritis, range of motion)

BOWEN HELPED ME WITH OSTEOARTHRITIS & NECK RESTRICTIONS WHEN NOTHING ELSE DID. 

I’ve been living with thumb joint pain for 12 years. I suffered with loss of gripping ability. I wasn’t able to do the simplest things. The hand surgeon said I had Osteoarthritis of the CMC joint of both thumbs. Surgery wasn’t an option, so I was sold thumb splints and left believing I was to manage the excruciating pain for the rest of my life. A friend told me about Bowen. I immediately researched it and decided to try it. I asked Mike if I had to BELIEVE in the technique in order for it to work. Mike said that my autonomic nervous system was responsible for healing and my thoughts didn’t matter. Let me tell you! I may have had doubts when I first arrived, but I got converted real fast! Bowen is simply amazing!

The most fascinating part is that the body heals in the order IT needs to. First area of healing for me was my neck. I could barely move it from side to side since an accident in ’85. I was surprised and delighted at having improved mobility from the very 1st Session. My thumbs have opened up. I have use of my hands again. I haven’t needed my thumb braces or splints at all since the first week! I’ve had a total of 5 Sessions at Fair Oaks Bowen Therapy. Mike and Kathy are the best. So much healing has gone on for me that I think Bowen HAS to be good for just about anything. I’m telling everyone I know who’s suffering with pain about this. I now believe that Bowen should be FIRST on any one’s list. It’s gentle, effective, and lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment